Save our Koalas!
Construct rescue facilities & engage the community in koala conservation
Suggested by: Louise
Project partner: KoonaWonga Wildlife Rescue Incorporated
219 votes received
Spread the word
Before participating in Pick My Project please log in or register to YourSAy.
Our local koalas are dying rapidly – with over 80 dead in our region in the last year alone! This program aims to unite and actively engage our community in koala conservation. It will include the development of a mobile education display trailer and other educational materials; running sessions at local schools, community groups, markets and events; and hosting a Community Koala Count event. It will also involve constructing a koala rescue trailer and building a treatment room and quarantine enclosures at Dutch Thunder Wildlife Shelter to help rescue, rehabilitate and release our sick and injured koalas.
• Providing our local wildlife shelter with the facilities and equipment needed will help them rescue sick and injured koalas and, if possible, rehabilitate and release them
• The project aims to unite, motivate and energise the community to become actively involved in koala conservation
• It will get our community outside, active and exploring the local area
• Reduce the threats to our koalas
• Saving and promoting koalas will financially benefit our tourism industry and local economy
• Saving koalas will have many environmental and biodiversity benefits
• Educating children will help to save koalas for future generations